Sunday, April 26, 2009

Look Ma, No Hands

Look at my big boy standing up all by himself! I finally got a picture of it! He has been doing this for a few days and will stand there for as long as 30 seconds. When he realizes that he isn't holding on to anything, he gets nervous and decides he can't stand anymore. It won't be long before he is walking all over the place. He is growing so fast, I just can't believe he will be ONE in less than 2 weeks. I think he is going through a MAJOR growth spurt this weekend. Yesterday he took a 5 hour nap and then slept for 13 hours last night. And yes, I am afraid to have another baby because I know this one is not normal















I had to go to NY for work this week for one night - I think I should go out of town more often, I came home to some beautiful knockout roses in our yard. Andrew, yes my husband, planted them for me while I was gone. It took him all day and I just love them. The picture just doesn't do them justice :) We also spent some time this weekend planting hanging baskets and trying to make our yard/front porch look better. It was actually kinda fun!!



This past week was really busy for us. Tuesday night Andrew and I went to the Jimmy Buffett concert. We didn't have tickets but we just decided to go - ended up only spending $35 each on tickets and had a blast. This was Andrew at the end of the night. He was very tired from the concert - all that dancing wore him out (well, maybe it was the margaritas too!!) My sweet friend Annie babysat for Owen so we could go!! We realized we were old when we scalped tickets that were seats in the concert and actually sat in them as opposed to sitting on the lawn. The worst part was that we discussed how nice it was to have seats at a concert and why anyone would ever want to sit on the lawn :) The Hall's came over for dinner on Wednesday night which was so much fun to see them and the Eagle's came over on Saturday night and today we spent the late afternoon on the boat with the Parhams - ahhhhh LOVE living so near Lake Wylie! Its been a crazy fun week and weekend. I am actually sad its over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Andrew is still not on a project....I watched as him and Brad (the neighbor) drove away on thier "bikes" to go to the bar tonight. Must be nice to not have to work tomorrow!! You might ask why grown men would ride "bikes" to the bar, Amy (Brad's wife) and I asked the same thing!

No comments: