This time last year, I was a different person. I was about to meet the one thing that changed my life in so many ways, I just can't explain. I was in labor and had been for over 24 hours....but at 9:31 pm my precious son was born. Everyone always said to me, you will understand when you have a child and now I do. I understand that I can love someone more than anything else in the world, I understand that I can love my husband more than I ever did before because he gave me my child and is more than wonderful at being a Dad, and I understand I would never choose my life any other way than exactly the way it is right now. I want to savor every moment with Owen because I know time will fly. I am going to blink my eye and that precious little baby is going to be driving, going to college, getting married, and having his own babies. I get so excited when I find out people I love are having babies for the simple reason that they will then understand too. I feel more than blessed that God gave us a healthy child and I am thankful for that every day.
Here are just a few fun shots from the last year -
Me 9 months pregnant - right before we walked out the door to the hospital...Good Golly...this picture makes me scared to get pregnant again

Owen when he was first born - oh so cute - this makes me want another one....He was so tiny - only 6 pounds 13 oz!!

Owen a few weeks ago - what a BIG boy with food all over him (as we all know eating is his very favorite activity!)
Our little family :)

Happy Birthday sweet baby boy. I am so proud to be your Mommy and I look forward to everything we have ahead! I love you!!
3 comments:
Jacob says welcome to the "one-club"!! Happy birthday big guy!
Hang in there mama...it just gets better and better :)
Happy Birthday Owen!!!
Happy birthday Owen! What a lovely posting! It made me tear up... now that I understand and feel the same way about my little guy and how lucky we are! It really is the best thing in the world to be a mommy!
Post a Comment