Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This year I am thankful for so many things. We have had a big year. We moved, I started a new job and we had this precious baby. I think every day how lucky we are to have such a great life, great family and wonderful friends. Our neighbors invited us over for Thanksgiving and it was so much fun. They were so nice to have us over! The food was YUMMY!! The only downfall to our day was that Owen was really sick (look how pitiful he is in the pictures). I had taken him to the doctor last week and they told me that he has bronchialitis (however you spell that) but then Thursday night his temperature got all the way to 102.3. Of course I freeked out and we had the doctor on the phone the second we got in the house...But thankfully we put him in a cool tub and gave him some Motrin and his fever was down in no time. The rest of the weekend we just took it easy.



On Saturday, Owen had a play date with his friends Mason and Tristan. Lisa, Jennifer (the mom's) and I all went to college together and have really gotten to be good friends through being pregnant and all having babies in the same month. Its been so much fun with them and it was great to get together. We were laughing that we are going to make the boys sit on our laps to take a picture of the 6 of us until they are 18 and they aren't going to like it! I picked the best picture of us to put on here but there wasn't one with all the boys looking and smiling at the same time! Of course, they are 6 months old!! Owen had a great time with his buddies and hopes that we can get toghether with them again soon!




Other news this week - Andrew has caught something from Owen and it has turned into a double ear infection. I didn't even know that grownups could get ear infections but he has it in both ears. Poor thing had to fly to Chicago today and said it was no fun at all. The doctor gave him some antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up soon and both my boys will be back to normal! I don't like having a house full of sick boys :( CeCe is coming to visit tomorrow. Owen is very excited, he hasn't seen her in such a long time and he can't wait to see her. We have lots of fun things planned. I am hopefully going to dinner with Brooke on Wednesday night and then Thursday we are taking Owen to this Christmas thing in a town near us that is supposed to be really cool. I'll let you know how it goes. Owen has also started to try and feed himself. Tonight, I was feeding him and he kept grabbing the spoon. His aim is not quite 100% but he is doing a pretty good job! He ate a few Cheerioes tonight too - its amazing that a child automatically knows to chew when something is in thier mouth. He seemed to like them and kept whining for more. I guess it may be time to start some foods that he can feed himself.....oh the mess we are going to have :)


This picture cracks me up! Andrew was holing Owen in his lap and had a beer in his hand and next thing you know, the bottle is in his mouth! Sneaky little boy!!


We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We missed seeing our families but it was really nice to be home for a few days with nothing to do and no where to be! We'll be up to Greensboro/Raleigh for Christmas this year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendall,

Owen is looking more and more like his daddy. You must be so proud.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a child look more like his mamma than Owen. Looks like he got the good-looking genes from her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Anonymous said...

Kendall - So sorry Owen is sick! We took Jane to the doc on Monday and she has the same thing! She sounds horrible. I hope Owen is feeling better soon.

Casey