Friday, December 26, 2008

Four Christmases






Fa la la la la la la la la.......We have just gotten home from three of the four Christmases that we are attending this year. None of us have slept in 3 days, I should probably come back and write this blog when I am in a better mood :) No, but seriously, we are very blessed to have so many places to go and so many people who love us! Owen has been given more presents than he will ever know what to do with. Everyone has been so generous and we do love you all!!

Christmas Eve at Baba and Nana Bain's: We had a great time with everyone! Owen made out like a bandit with a brand spankin new wagon that he is just going to love. We are going to love the "sippy cup" holders that are on the wagon because those are for BEER!! It will definitely come in handy for trips to the pool and the neighbors this summer! Owen didn't quite know what to think of all the happenings. We turned around for one second and looked back to see this: Owen had a hold of Sam's bone IN HIS MOUTH. It was pretty funny. Sam then wanted nothing to do with his bone! Owen must have cooties!
Christmas Day lunch at Goggi's: We had a wonderful Christmas lunch at Goggi's house. It was great because all of my aunts and uncles and almost all of the cousins were there. Again, Owen was given so many gifts. He has had a ball playing with everything so far. Goggi of course made all of our favorites - brown rice, fruit salad, etc but no meal would be complete at her house without those staples :)

Christmas Day Dinner: We were with the Dunlap's. Frances made her famous Mexican food and I ate until I almost exploded! Andrew didn't eat much at Goggi's - he had to save room for his favorite taco's!! :) Owen got to meet his Uncle Benjie and almost Aunt Crystal for the first time and play with his cousins Natalie and Elena. He had a blast and got more presents there! We are going to have to rearrange our house to make room for all of this great stuff! Owen loved wearing Uncle Benjie's hat (see the picture!!)




Today, we packed up and headed home. Andrew is not feeling well and I am hoping its just from eating too much. I definitely don't want a repeat of last weekend! I know there is more to say but I am so tired I can't type any more. We have the McDonald Family Christmas in Hartsville SC tomorrow where Owen will get to meet many of his extended cousins for the first time so off we go again for the fourth and final Christmas celebration......

2 comments:

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

Love the dog bone picture! Funny how quickly they get into things! I hope you enjoyed his first Christmas! He is so precious!

Laurie

Bret and Katie Estridge said...

The dog bone picture cracked me up!!! I am sure little Bret, jr will be doing his fair share of that! Can't wait to see you on new years!