I know I am late posting this week...its been a little crazy in our house. Friday, I woke up with the stomach bug. It was nasty - I mean nasty. Poor little Owen had it too. He was at daycare all day on Friday with diarrhea and apparently, they don't bother to call parents whose kids are sick. No wonder he had it if they do this with other kids - oh thats a whole other story but we are done with that daycare and on to the new one in January!! Yippee!! Anyway, Owen and I were both sick Friday - Sunday. Thankfully, Andrew didn't get it until Saturday night otherwise, we would have had to call in back up because I couldn't have taken care of my baby as sick as I was. So, needless to say, I got NOTHING done this weekend. I took off work Friday to shop and was supposed to be off today to cook. I crammed 4 days worth of cooking, cleaning, packing, shopping and wrapping into yesterday with Owen by my side! It was a long day. My Mom thankfully helped out a ton by getting some of my gifts bought for me - Thanks Mom!!
We are headed to Greensboro today for the first of our many "Christmases" (oh we went to see the move "Four Christmases" on Friday - I slept in the theater and then threw up in the parking lot. Andrew was proud that I didn't throw up in the car - ha! - Those of you who have known us for a while will know why this is funny :) Anyway, we are very excited to see all of our families and have Owen's first Christmas! Owen is getting to meet his Uncle Benjie for the first time and also his friend Gavin Danowski. My high school girls are getting together for brunch tomorrow and I can't wait to see them all!
New this week: Owen is standing up. Our sweet neighbor Amy brought over this chair that her girls learned to pull up on and sure enough, 2 days into playing with it, the magic chair did the trick! Owen loves it and was standing all the way up last night. I have it on video but there was no way it was getting downloaded last night. He also has 4 teeth now. He bit me so hard when I was feeding him the other night, I cried. We might be done with nursing if it keeps up, I can't take the pain :(
We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! We will post pictures and videos as soon as we can after Christmas so you can see our little man and his first Christmas. He is anxious to see what Santa is going to bring him!
No comments:
Post a Comment