Monday, April 14, 2008

36 Weeks and Bedrest


Last Thursday I had quite an adventure - I went to the doctor for a regular check up and ended up at the hospital for 3 hours for testing. Apparently my blood pressure is high and they had to make sure everything was ok with the baby. Thankfully everything is fine with him. Unfortunately, I am on bedrest until he is born. We went back today for more testing...my blood pressure is still high but not too high. We had another ultrasound so we got to see our little man again - he is so cute! He weighs only 5 lbs 12oz right now so it looks like we won't be having too big of a baby. I am now going to the doctor 2 times per week and will continue to do so until I eitehr reach 39 weeks or I go into labor. They will induce me at 39 weeks as long as my blood pressure stays level. If it goes up more, then they will go ahead and induce me. Good news is that the baby is far enough along to where he would be fine if he was born now. I am praying that I will just go into labor in the next week or so. I am bored out of my mind - its only been 3 days and I am going crazy. Thankfully I can work from home so that has been a life saver. My friend Brooke is coming in on Friday and my mom is coming on Saturday so at least I have something to look forward to this weekend. I am sure I will be posting more since all I can do is lay on my left side :) Ohhhhh fun - how am I going to make it 17 more days! Well, at least its at the end and this didn't happen halfway through!

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

You are almost there, Kendall. I can't wait to meet Baby Dunlap!