Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Photoshoot, I mean fun at the Greenway

This past Sunday, Andrew was playing golf so I decided to brave a hiking trip with the kids by myself.  They were so good, really I can't believe how good they were.  I even took pictures of them ALL DAY LONG and they had so much fun.  Owen even started helping me pick out spots to take fun pictures!  It was one of the most fun days I have ever had with the boys.  They are both so full of energy!
 Starting our adventure in the woods.  Its always a challenge for who gets to be the leader!
 Taking some time to stop and hug your brother!  I am sure a pinch or a hit quickly followed this but it was cute for the moment.
 Ducks and geese can be so scary.  Especially when you have bread in your hand.  The kids were surrounded at one point but this picture was perfect both of their expressions are priceless!

 Throwing leaves is so much fun.  There was this fantastic tree right by the lake and the leaves were so beautiful!  The whole area was so beautiful with all of the changing leaves!

 Oh to be a kid again!  I remember when we used to jump in leaf piles.  Oh yeah, thats right because my dad didn't want to mow grass he had leaves dumped in our yard - it was the best day of the year because my brother and I would get to play in the leaves ALL.DAY.LONG!  Gosh I am sure the neighbors were a big fan of our yard ha ha ha.  All I can say is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree on that one.

 I love the look on his face here.  I think he was getting ready to pelt me in the face with that fistfull of leaves - I can always tell when he is up to no good.


 Owen jumped right on board with throwing leaves at me.

 I love this picture.  I so wish I would have seen what they were looking at.  It seems like something very interesting is going on off to the side.  Who knows what they were looking at. Probably the ducks - particularly one they have named Honk Honk.  We have been there twice, and they have their own duck :)
 Owen is my little navigator.  He held the map all day and wanted to lead us around on the path.  I am really proud of both of them - they hiked over a mile along this path and didn't complain at all.  They were SO tired - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
 We then took a trip up to the other side of the greenway to the Dairy Barn.  I changed their shirts so I could pretend that I took pictures on different days.
 A nice lady gave the boys cotton to play with.  Max insisted that it was cotton candy and tried to eat it.  He was not too pleased with the result.

 One of my favorites ever!!  I can't believe that they did this for me.  Owen actually was so funny about the pictures, he was helping me scout out locations and giving me ideas for fun pictures to take.  I think Santa might need to bring him a camera this year for Christmas.  We'll have to remember to tell him.






 I love the next three.  I think I am going to frame them together.  Who knew throwing leaves could be so much fun??


Next up - Halloween!  They are so excited.  We are doing a superhero theme -we'll see if Andrew decides to dress up too.  He has some great ideas!  Baba is coming too - the boys can't wait!

No comments: