Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy FIVE YEAR Anniversary and Spring Break

Andrew and I got married at Ocean Isle Beach May 27,2007 over Memorial Day weekend.  Since then, we have made it a tradition to go back every memorial day with our dear friends from college.  I really hope this is a tradition that we can continue to do.  We always have the best time with everyone.  Everyone gets along REALLY well and not just because we have to but because we genuinely like each other.  This year the bar was high - we had so much fun last year.  And we weren't disappointed.  I think the highlight was Professor Summerlin giving us a lesson on wine tasting.  We took pictures of the bottles this year becuase last year by the time we were at the end of ALL that wine, no one could remember what they liked!  The Prof did an amazing job!

 Shannon and Brittany waiting for the tasting!  Such a cute picture!!
 Mr and Mrs Skillman!
 The Professor and his wine selection
 Weird picture of us - but the Dunlap's.  And celebrating our 5 year anniversary at the beach with our friends was fantastic.  Sometimes it feels like its been a million years and others a blink of an eye.  We moved, I have gotten 3 new jobs, Andrew got a new job, We had 2 beautiful baby boys, went on some amazing trips and we are still smiling!  We have crammed a lot into 5 years.  Nothing is ever 100% perfect but I am so thankful for the life that I have and the life that we have together.  We have learned so much in the last five years.  I can't wait to see what the next 5 bring.  If I could have painted a picture of a perfect life, this is what it would have looked like.  My two boys are amazing and my husband and I still know how to have a good time with and without our children.  I think the time that we have to ourselves keeps us growing!!  Here's to the next 5 years with the man of my dreams!



 The wine is kicking in :)

Dance Party USA which turned into the cops being called on us.  Apparently Ocean Isle Beach is not to thrilled with loud music after 11pm.  We really didn't realize that it was late or how loud we were being.  Marshal and Shannon (the two responsible ones) went down to talk to the cop and smoothed things over.  But it makes for a good story that a group of 30 somethings got the cops called for a noise ordinance.  When you are in college, you are always worried about what would happen if the cops came but this just made us feel young again that we were being as loud as the college kids :) 

We look forward to this trip every year.  One day the Dunlap's hope to have our own house that we can hold our annual trip...one day....

No comments: