Sunday, June 10, 2012

Perfect Summer Nights

The boys are getting so big and all over the place all the time.  Andrew and I spend a lot of time chasing, wrestling, trying to keep them out of trouble.  But I LOVE having 2 boys. They play togehter so well.  Our neighbors just got a trampoline and that seems to be the activity of choice in the evenings.  One night last week Owen told me that he was having so much fun he just couldn't believe it.  It was a perfect summer night, one that defines a childhood.  I had so many of those growing up - playing kick the can on wedgewood court, 4th of july festivities in our neighborhood and I am so glad that my babies are creating these amazing memories too. 

 We also have been spending a lot of time at the pool.  The boys are so easy to take to the pool this year.  I can put puddle jumpers on them and then can take both in the pool without worrying that they are going to sink (as owen calls it).  We are trying to spend every second we can at the pool. 
 Last weekend, we took the boys to the Knights Baseball game.  Max kept calling it Basketball - it was so cute!
 Owen got to taste cotton candy for the first time.  You know, I remember how delicious cotton candy was - it reminds me of the circus.  However, I tasted what Owen had, thinking it would be so good and I had to spit it out.  They have definitely changed the recipe since I was a kid (or maybe I just don't like junk so much anymore :)

 Beach trip with Cece.  At least once a day I get asked if we are going to CeCe's beach that day.  The boys would go every weekend if we would take them.  They love going to her house and playing on the beach and just hanging out.  I love the beach too so we will go as much as we can this summer.  I am so glad that they boys are bigger beach bums than I am!  I had so many perfect summer days at the beach - the best being our wedding.  I love that my boys are getting to create their own perfect summer.






 We spent a great weekend with Nana and Papa Dunlap celebrating Nana's 65th birthday party.  It was so nice to be with family.  The boys loved getting to play with all of thier cousins

 Max was ready to go home!! :)


No comments: