Sunday, February 26, 2012

On Friends

I don't write this blog for anyone to read it.  I am pretty sure my mom is the only one who ever checks it because I am so bad about updating it on a timely manner.  I used to have all this time to update and actually check my friends blogs I don't know what happened!!  HA!!  I never made a baby book for either of my boys.  I started one when Owen was a baby but I didn't even attempt with Max.  Baby books are great and I am sure something that one day they might want but I would rather show them what their life was like before they can remember.  Last year I made them a book of all the blog posts that I had done thus far and I plan on keeping that up.  To me thats better than a baby book! 

Well I got a little sidetracked there, but my point of this post is to talk about friends.  I have lately been thinking about how lucky I am to have the friends that I do.  I have them from all walks of my life and have actually been able to keep in touch with them.  I feel so blessed to have all of these people in my life.  Today, I had brunch and hung out with Adelie and when I was driving home I started thinking how lucky we all are.  Adelie and I met when we were 12 years old.  I have known her for way more years that I haven't and its so amazing that we have maintained our friendship.  I don't see her that often but when we do, we pick up like it was yesterday.  Maybe I am just getting older or nostalgic or something but I really have been thankful lately for everyone.  I have these girlfriends that are just unblievable and I am so greatful for all of them.  I hope that I can teach my kids how to create and maintain friendships like this.  My life is so much more enriched from all of you!! 

Andrew and I spent his birthday weekend in Jamaica. Our great friends Tom and Heather got married and we had the most amazing time. We try to go on vacation as much as possible but we had never been with anyone else (on a major trip like this). Honesly, I am not sure we will ever go without them again!! We have a group of us that the boys all were friends in college but their wives have become some of my very best girlfriends. ALL but one couple of this group went to Jamaica.


 Kristy was also in Jamaica with us for the wedding!! YAY!  I don't get to see her enough!  Maybe I need to take a trip to Florida VERY soon!

 I thought we got a shot of all the girls but I guess not...Here are some of them but there are people missing!  We were never all in the same place at the same time! 

There are a lot of things that I want my kids to know and to have but I think that one of the most important things in life is to have great friends.  I wish for them to be as lucky as we are.

1 comment:

Lisa finger said...

I read your blog!!!!