Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oh $hit and other moments

Being a parent is tough.  Way tougher than I ever thought it would be, but there are so many moments that make it more than worth it.  You realize how smart your kids are and become amazed at seeing the world through the eyes of a child.  Its amazing and wonderful and there is nothing like it in the world.  Here are some of our "moments" over the last few weeks....

Owen has turned into such a little man.  He is way smarter than we know.  Apparently the other day at school he said "oh $hit".  His teachers explained to him that it was not a nice word.  Owen understood and then proceeded to tell the teachers an occasion when I had used the word and one where Andrew had.  There was no getting out of this one, not only did our son pick up that this was a bad word but he distinctly knew when we had said it.  (To give us a little credit, we don't say it all the time - he just happened to remember the 2 times we did).  Note to self: WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!!!

Max is turning into quite the ham.  He has really started talking and interacting with us.  The other night we were at dinner and he started eating food off my plate by leaning over and eating like a bird (seriously anything to keep them quiet at a restaurant).  He then stands up and says "I funny Mommy"  He is so dang cute! 

Owen's new thing is to make deals with you.  I don't know what we expected - he is just like us :)  If you ask him to do something, he will negotiate until he is satisfied with the outcome and then says "Ok lets shake on it" and we shake hands to seal the deal. 

Max took it upon himself to "disassemble" our couch cushion.  I couldn't help but laugh, but then I made him help me clean it up.  He is a mess!!


I love having boys and that they are so close together.  They are really starting to play together and seem to enjoy each other.  Of course they fight over toys but that is only normal!  I can only hope that they will become great friends as they grow up!  My brother is having another boy in July so we will have 4 boys within 4 years of each other!!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

ahahaha...I just have to laugh. I know Ava's going to yell "shit" any day now. Mark (who really doesn't have that much of a potty mouth) accidentally set off our security system and yelled it while he was holding her. She's just waiting for the perfect moment to let it out!

I said the same phrase at 3...when I fell on the steps walking in to preschool; my mom is SO proud of me ;)