Owen and I took a trip out to Denver last week to see Andrew. The trip was great, the flight was terrible! I don't think I will be flying again by myself with Owen any time soon. Lets just say the man with the buzz cut sitting in front of us got a nice head massage for most of the flight!! The DVD Player and Baby Einstein saved the day!
We had a wonderful visit with cousins Molly and Kyla - unfortunately I didn't get ANY pictures of them :(
Molly took us to Estes Park Colorado Where we went to the famous Stanley Hotel (the movie "the Shining" was filmed there) it was creepy but fun to see. We tried to sneak on the haunted tour but the tour guide told us we weren't allowed.
We also took a drive through the Rocky Mountain National Park and it was gorgeous! We saw elk, some wierd squirel looking things and a red tail hawk. 
Molly took us to Estes Park Colorado Where we went to the famous Stanley Hotel (the movie "the Shining" was filmed there) it was creepy but fun to see. We tried to sneak on the haunted tour but the tour guide told us we weren't allowed.
We also took a drive through the Rocky Mountain National Park and it was gorgeous! We saw elk, some wierd squirel looking things and a red tail hawk. 
Owen and I had to find things to do during the day because Andrew had to work. One day we went to the Denver Zoo - it was Owen's first trip to a zoo and he just loved it. He learned how to make a sound like a monkey and pointed at all the animals. His favorite animal was the lion and as you can see he was not scared at ALL being so close to the big animals. He thought it was the greatest thing in the world.
I love this picture - it looks like he is running from the elephant - its not really an animal but a poster that looks 3D - pretty cool!
Owen is learning so much - he is picking up on everything we say to him. He can now on command make animal sounds of a dog, cat, duck, lion, and monkey. We are working on the wolf in preparation for football season - he should have it down by then. He also is getting quite fiesty...yesterday he was throwing his food on the floor and I said NO and pointed my finger at him - he proceeded to point his finger back and me and say Naaaaaa and laugh. Andrew and I both had to leave the room because we were laughing so hard and we didn't want him to think it was funny to act like that. It is so much fun to see him grow and learn!On the job front, I had an interview on Friday of which the pay would not even cover daycare and I have an interview next Monday. I am working on a few other things as well so hopefully something will come along soon. In the meantime, Owen and I are having too much fun! Today we are going to the pool with a friend of mine from high school and her niece!! Friday, I think we are going to the lake with CeCe - fun fun.
On a sad note, my great Aunt Erma died Sunday night. She had been sick for several months. We will miss her dearly. Please keep my cousins and great Uncle Neil in your prayers as they have been married for a very long time and I can't imagine how hard it is on him and all of them.
1 comment:
Those are some impressive language skills...and I'm not just saying that, I am a professional :)
It totally looks like he's being chased by an elephant...I had to look at it 3 times.
Good luck on the job front!
Post a Comment