Sunday, July 5, 2009

FIRST Place Baby!!

Fourth of July is always one of my favorite holidays - I love everything about it. Yesterday prooved no different in my book. We had the most amazing day. It started out with a land parade which Owen and I went to the top of the street to watch. We then headed out onto the lake with the Parham's on thier pontoon which we had decorated as a tiki bar and participated in the Tega Cay boat parade. We WON first place! I think it had a lot to do with the fact that all the girls (big and little) had on grass skirts, bikini tops and danced like crazy all over the boat. Amy and I decided that the boys came up with this just so they could watch us do this all day :) Either way, it was so much fun. However, now we will have to come up with something fabulous every year because we will win again! This year it was no contest - everyone had the same thing on thier boats with just red, white and blue. We (Amy actually did all the planning) were creative and it paid off!!

Here are all the kids (minus Owen because he had a melt down for the first 2 hours we were on the boat, seems that he doesn't like to wear a life jacket too much) on the boat decked out in thier hula gear. The little girls were so cute because they were doing the hula in the front of the boat!!I told you we were going to win....Owen waves to all the screaming fans as we do our victory lap through Windjammer. (notice the layer of Cheetoes on his hands - yes my child had Cheetoes for lunch and only Cheetoes which were the only thing that would break him out of his tantrum)Not a big fan of wearing hats!!

We ended the night with a great cookout at the Mahlas and Owen got to see his first fireworks show. He LOVED it and clapped every time one went off. Wasn't scared at all!!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! Owen and I are headed to the beach to visit with CeCe tomorrow! Hey, there are some perks to being laid off so I am taking FULL advantage!

No comments: