Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A New Chapter

There are rites of passage in life and I guess getting laid off is one of them. Unfortunately, yesterday I lost my job. However, I am sure there is something bigger and better out there for me. I don't regret taking this job because it got me here and we are SO happy here!! I got up this morning, took Owen to school, went for a run and started the laundry (which might take me several days to complete). I feel a little guilty for taking Owen to school when I am at home but I think its good for him to stay in his routine. I plan on finding a job so it would be hard on him if I had him out of school and then put him back in. Plus we would loose our spot at the best daycare in the world and I can't let that happen! So my chin is up and I am now on the search for a new job in Charlotte. Wish me luck!!

Owen news....its been so long since I have updated! We have been busy busy! Owen is doing really well with his sign language. He can do the sign for more, eat and milk. I am so proud of him for learning these! He gets so frustrated because he tries so hard to communicate with us and this just makes everything so much easier. He also has turned into a monkey....he loves to climb all over everything. His new favorite game, climb onto the couch and throw himself onto the floor...think fast Mom!! He actually did a back flip off the side of the chair in our room this weekend, landed on his head and thought it was the funniest thing ever! I told Andrew to be prepared because this child is going to be a WILDMAN!! Last weekend Owen got to meet his Auntie Alison for the first time and have a playdate with Tristan and Jen. It was so great to see them - Alison has been in London for the past year and is finally back in the US! Owen is walking all over the place, not 100% of the time but definitely walking more than he is crawling. Here is Owen eating his first icecream cone. Boy did he love it! His school had a carnival and FREE icecream!!




I think Owen and I will head to the beach next week to visit with CeCe! We are excited to go down there while Andrew is gone!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Whew...good luck with the climbing! I have a heart-attack at least once/day. I'm sending you lots of "perfect new job" vibes!!

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

Good luck with your job search! Enjoy this "free" time to do some stuff you enjoy!