Monday, June 1, 2009

Drumroll Please....

It happened, it finally happened and on MY watch...Daddy is out of town so I had to post this tonight so he could see too.

I thought this deserved a post of its own! I was so afraid Owen would be up and running by the time we got back from Jamaica but thankfully, he waited until we got home! Thankfully Uncle David was here tonight to catch it all on film. Owen has been taking one and two steps but he made it all the way to EIGHT in a row tonight. I am so proud of my little boy. The cutest part of the whole video is when he tries to shoot baskets. If you look closely, you can see him looking up to throw the ball. Thats because Andrew "plays" basketball with him outside all the time. Owen throws the ball to Andrew and he shoots the baskets, in the video, Owen is trying to shoot the baskets. SO cute!!

We missed our little boy last week but we sure did have fun. I don't really think he even knew we were gone. This week Owen started his new class at daycare. They take naps on mats...yeah not sure its going to work so well for him. My son doesn't sit still for more that 30 seconds napping on a mat on the floor....good luck to you sweet ladies of Goddard School! He did actually nap for about an hour today so I am extremely impressed with thier skills. Maybe they could teach me some lessons.

Andrew is finally back on a project. I am both happy and sad about it. Happy to get back into a normal routine but sad because its been great having him around so much. Luckily I have David (April's husband) here to keep me company at least for a while and then the rest of the family is moving down at the end of June! We are SO thrilled to have all of them moving so close by!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Go Owen! I doubt he will walk for long...he will be running!! Then climbing....get your running shoes ready mama!

Bret and Katie Estridge said...

Yay for Owen!! How sweet! he is going to be a star basketball player! thanks for sharing that adorable video. I hope your vaca was wonderful!