Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where does the time go?


Our little cutie pie is FOUR months old! I can't believe it - it seems like I just had him! He is getting to be such a big boy. We took him to the doctor yesterday and he weighs 15 pounds 3 ounces and is 26 3/4 inches long! He also had to get 4 shots and was not a happy little boy about that. It was even worse than last time :( We had a really busy weekend - which is why it has taken me until TUESDAY to update our website! We basically hung out with neighbors all weekend and had a blast. Our next door neighbor Kathryn turned 4 on Saturday so we went to her birthday party and I even jumped in the jumpy castle like I was a kid - it was so much fun. Sunday we had our neighborhood dinner club over for dinner and Andrew and I successfully made our first Mexican feast. I was pretty impressed with us! Everyone seemed to like the food (at least they acted like they did). We have been eating leftovers the last few nights - YUMMY! Owen also started eating rice cereal this week and LOVES it! We took a video but its not that exciting because all he did was eat the food. I will probably start vegetables this weekend - maybe that will be more entertaining. I am going to try and make my own baby food but we'll see how it goes. I have talked to several people who have done it and say its really not that hard. I would love to do it but it might just be too much to handle! Andrew is still here with us and we are just loving all of the time he is getting to spend at home! This weekend he has to go to Utah for a training class but Nana and Papa Dunlap are going to come visit for the weekend - Owen is very excited to see them because he hasn't seen them in several weeks.

Here is Owen and Wyatt on their 4 month birthday. Wyatt's mom and I have been trying to walk a few days a week after work. Its nice to have them come over and gives me someone to talk to while I exercise! She is training for a marathon so this is just one of her many workouts of the day - me, its my only one and I am lucky to get that in!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Time flies doesn't it? I don't know where the last 8 months have gone....

Your little man is getting to be so BIG! I think he's definitely going to be taller than Jacob. I want to say he was 26 inches at 6 months (but I can't remember off the top of my head...mommy brain). Enjoy him...they change so FAST!

Elizabeth said...

One more thing (see...mommy brain...): I have made lots of baby food and it really isn't too hard. I have used canned vegetables/fruit, fresh fruit, frozen veggies, etc. I try to do a big batch at once so I only have to clean up once. I have used ice cube trays and recycled gerber containers to store it. They make low-sodium canned veggies....the frozen ones are harder to find, so you have to be careful with the labels. I'm sure fresh is best, but it doesn't seem to be the cheapest! I'm sure Owen will love it!

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

Owen is so cute and he is a big boy! Emily is a peanut- only weighed 12lbs at her 4 month checkup a couple weeks ago!

I made most of Elizabeth's baby food. It was pretty easy and the key is to make a lot at once and then freeze it!!