Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July at the Beach!

Andrew, Owen and I spent the fourth of July at the beach at my mom's house with Becca, Trent and Brayden. We all had a great time. Owen went in a swimming pool for the first time - I am not sure he liked it too much but he was in for a few minutes (notice his tee shirt in that picture - thanks Dad :) I can't figure out how to get the pictures in the places that I want the so sorry they are at the bottom. Owen's cousin Aliya gave him those fabulous sunglasses he is wearing in one of the pictures.

I was also able to meet up with Lisa and Jennifer, friends from college who were both pregnant the same time that I was. They had Mason and Tristan about 10 days after Owen. It has been so much fun to go through this with them and now to all have babies together. We email all the time about what is going on with the boys!

At the beach, Becca, Trent, Andrew and I had dinner with Tanya, Brandon, Abby and Baby Girl on the Way McLamb. Tanya, Becca and I were roomates in college. It was great to all get together and funny that we are all mommies now! Tanya is expecting #2 in October!
This is Cici (my mom's) rocking chair that we gave her for Christmas to rock the baby in. He loved being outside on her screen porch!







Yesterday, I took Owen to the doctor for his 2 month checkup. He had to get three shots but was a very good boy. He only cried a little. He was pretty grumpy yesterday and last night but I think he is feeling better today. He now weighs 11 pounds, 9 oz and is in the 50%. His height is 23 1/4" and is in the 75%. He is definitely a growing boy, in the past month, he has grown TWO inches and gained TWO pounds and 7 ounces! In the past week, he has been consistantly sleeping between 7 and 9 hours. It is so nice and I hope this sleep pattern keeps up. We are having so much fun and I am looking forward to the next three weeks with him. After that its back to work. I feel really good about the daycare that we have chosen and I really do like my job so I don't think its going to be too hard. Plus it will get us in a routine which we desperately need! I'll post again next week! We are off to Greensboro tomorrow for Owen to meet my cousin Katie from FL - she will be in town for a few days.

1 comment:

Brooke Hall said...

i am loving this blog!!! kendall, you need to wear your hair like that more often! i think you look so hotttt with it slicked back like that. very heidi klum! loves it! loves you! tell andrew that superstar says word up!