Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Favorite Holiday

Since I was a kid, the 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday - even better than Christmas.  I guess I just love all the festivities and fireworks!!  Luckly my kids love it too :)  We had such a great one this year!  The boys and I participated in the annual boat parade with the Parhams while Andrew played in his golf tournament.  We had the best time!
 Me and the boys ready for the parade!  Owen would not stop sticking his tongue out!
 Miss Laura brought a flag over for the boys to play with - Max fell in love with it :)
 We had everyone over for a cook out and this was the cookie cake I made - so easy and yummy!!  Just sugar coookie dough, cream cheese mixed with brown sugar for the icing and decorated with fruit!
 Here is all of us on the boat - we had a LOT of people.  FIRST PLACE again!  I think this is 3 out of the last 4 years we have won the parade.  We definitely have the most energy.  We dance, sing, go wild for the judges and they love it.  The kids have a blast (and so do the grown ups).  I hope we can do this for many years to come.  I want my kids to have the same great memories of 4th of July as I did as a kid.  I always remember going to Hobbs court and having a big neighborhood cookout with a dunking booth, popcorn machine and us kids just running wild all night long.  Oh to be a kid again......




No comments: