Having boys is fun. But at times it gets a little nuts. I see these families at the park with all girls and watch my friends and neighbors with all girls and they just play so nicely and quitely. My kids are seriously like tazmanian devils 24/7. However, I laugh at it and enjoy all of the craziness. I know when they are teenagers, I will be so happy to have 2 lovely young men :)
Here are the crazies from this week - and I promise I am not making any of this up. Andrew had to work this weekend so I was outnumbered most of the weekend. With these two, being outnumbered never works in the parents favor :)
1. Scene: Alterations Shop, Fort Mill, SC
Max is screaming in the car, I can't figure out what the heck is wrong with him. He keeps making some crazy sign that no one has any idea what it means, he must have made it up. I get the boys out of the car - there is still some fussing. I walk in the store and think SCORE they have a dressing room that I can shut the boys in and they can play quietly. WRONG....I put my dress on that I am getting altered (side note, why in the world did I think it was a good idea to do this with both kids alone??) and walk out into the main area. I leave the door cracked. I hear screaming and playing in the background - no one sounds hurt so I let it go on. Lady finishes my dress. I walk back to the dressing room to put my clothes back on and those little boogers have LOCKED themselves in there. Have you ever tried to explain to a 3 year old how to unlock a door? I wouldn't recommend it. Five minutes later the door is unlocked. I go back in the dressing room to change, my kids are jumping from the bench to the floor and screeching with laughter. Owen slams himself into the mirror and starts screaming bloody murder, Max follows - if Owen is crying then Max is crying. I walk out, I am pretty sure my pants were not even zipped up and just left. I hope they fix my dress.......
2. Scene: Target
We were out of vitamins and remembered at Target. Put vitamins in cart - kids start fighting over who gets to hold them which turns into Max screaming because he wants to eat all of them. (PS this is after we have had several wars on who is sitting where in the cart - and this isn't the normal grocery cart is that DANG big A$$ one that you can't push around that has the seats in the front). At this point Max is in the large part of the cart and Owen is sitting in the front where you would normally sit in a grocery cart. No one is in the big part which is WHY we got that cart in the first place. Max then proceedes to slap Owen in the head repeatedly and bit him several times because he wanted his turn with the vitamins. I proceeded to take Max completely out of the cart so he couldn't reach Owen. What followed I am pretty sure would have been some serious birth control for anyone in the store who doesn't have children already. Max threw himself onto the nasty Target floor and started flaling his arms around and screaming, I don't mean whimpering screaming, it was blood curdling screaming. Enough to where everyone in the store was staring at us. This went on for what felt like 12 days until I just decided to walk away. Probably not the best idea. He got even more upset that I may leave him in the store and started running after us arms wide out to the side and began screaming even louder. I had several people ask me if my child was ok....it was bad. I think we might not go back to Target for a while......
3. This one is funny - Owen and I were looking at a picture book from when I was pregnant with him and when he was a tiny baby. I was pointing at the pictures of me pregnant and we were talking about how he was in my belly. Owen looks at me and says "Mommy did you eat me?" It was so cute. I tried to explain to him that babies grow in their mommy's belly but he was stuck on the fact that I ate both him and Max.
Here is a view of what our meals are like. Andrew and I are both laughing hysterically but trying not to because we don't want to encourage them, but its so hard when they are so dang cute and funny :)
No comments:
Post a Comment