Sunday, September 25, 2011

Its Fall Ya'll


For some reason every fall, the Dunlap family decides its game on and we see how many activities we can cram into three short months. Actually we never do it on purpose but it always seems to happen this way. There are football games, girls weekends, trips to vegas, beach trips....luckily they are all fun but you have to be a trooper to make it through. Lets just say we now know how to pack for the crew and we get better each week! My best friend Jennifer Jaax (Byrum) had her second baby Connor on August 2nd. I had not met him yet so Owen and I went down for a visit to see them (and it was M's birthday so an added bonus!). Owen and M get along so well. They actally love each other and want to hang out all the time. Jen and I both get comments all the time about when the other is coming over to play! Its very cute. Jen looks fantastic...and we had such a great weekend with them. Its so nice to have lifelong friends that have know you forever and been through everything with you. Its such a comforting feeling and I am so thankful that I have that in several people. Jennifer and her family is definitely one of them...I love you guys!!

 This past weekend, we went to the beach with Katie and Bret Estridge to Pawley's Island.  It was a fantastic weekend.  We also met a new couple who was so much fun and we definitely want to hang out with again!  Below you see 6 kids on a couch.  5 boys, 1 girl, the oldest is 3 1/2 the youngest 10 months.  It was a little crazy.  At times it was mayem but I think they all had fun and we did too!  We even went out one night and got a babysitter! 



 The bigger Max is getting, the wilder he is getting.  He has this funny thing he does where he knows he is acting up and turns and looks at you with these flirty eyes and then keeps on getting into trouble.  Everyone who sees him now says that we are in for it with this one.  I guess I do deserve some type of terror child since I was always such an angel - ha!.  it is funny watching thier personalities develop and how they really are different.  Owen is very intelectual and loves to ask questions, he would rather read or do puzzles.  While Max just wants to be wild, jumb around, play outside and follow Owen around. 

Work is going well for both of us.  I have been working a lot and traveling a lot - I went to NYC for a week over the last 2 weeks.  It was a great trip and we hopfully will get a lot out of it but its so hard to be away from all my boys for that long.  I missed them all so much and am so thankful to be back home with them.  I am hoping that I don't have to travel too much but I think it will just come in spurts.  I have a few trips coming up but nothing more than a night or two until March.  I have more pictures but they aren't posting, more to come later.  I seriously want to get better about updating this.  I want the boys to have it when they are older so they can "remember" before they really can! 


No comments: