Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time

I don't seem to have enough of it these days! I used to be so good about updating this blog. I really don't care if anyone one reads it, its maily for my boys to have a record of what they did as kids and I would like to be better about updating it!  It would be great to put pictures up every time I take them (which isn't that often anymore)  Life is no joke with 2 toddlers, a husband and a full time job outside of my house! :)  Its fun thought and we even manage to go on dates quite often! We have had a busy couple of weeks. Summer and Fall is always crazy around here! I have been traveling quite a bit for work, which is fun but hard to be away from the family all the time. Max is almost walking - I am pretty sure he can walk he just doesn't want to :) Owen has entered the stage of "terrible threes" I am not sure who coined the phrase "terrible two" because everyone I have talked to, it happens at 3. Its like a switch went off and my sweet loving little boy turned into the tasmanian devil. That sweet boy is still there and shows his face at times but the wild one comes out a lot more! Andrew and I have spent a lot of time giving time outs lately!!

We spent a weekend in Greensboro with Robert and Sarah to do the Alzheimer's walk.  My dad sponsored the Carson Bain team so we all joined in to walk in honor of my grandfather.  The boys rode in the stroller of course but they had fun out there - ice cream, a bounce house, what more could they want?

Here is a picture of Owen and his cousin Zoe - they are only 3 months apart and play so well together.  He loves getting to see her!

 Carson loves giving big wet kisses!
 Owen and Max love dogs, I swear we need to get one but I just don't think we could manage it right now.  I am gone 12 hours a day and Andrew can only work from home a day or 2 a week so a puppy is out of the question.  I am sure the boys will beg at some point - they are so cute with dogs!
 I mean really, look how sweet this is?  Max was terrified of Bowser when we first got there but was snuggling with him by Sunday - isn't this adorable?

 We also went to Altanta to visit Kristy and her baby Bradley and the Eagles.  I tried to upload a picture of Kristy and B but it didn't work for some reason, oh well.  This is Owen and Carter Eagle.  I am afraid that my son taught Carter how to build pillow forts and jump off the couch onto them - whoops - sorry Tara and Marshal :)
 Yesterday, I took the boys to Tweetsie Railroad!  Andrew had a big release this weekend at work so I had to find something to do with the kids.  Luckily, Owen's buddy John and his family wanted to go too!  It was so nice to have them there.  I think I would have left about 30 minutes into it without them - Owen was all over the place but they sure did have a good time.  The whole point in going was to see Diego (who is Owen's most favorite person ever) - they were advertising that Dora and Diego would be at Tweetsie.  I was very dissapointed with the presentation.  You didn't even get to meet them - but Owen didn't care, he was so excited about everything else, that he didn't care about the Diego part - THANK GOODNESS!
 Owen got so excited when he saw the train.  And then even more excited when he found out that he got to ride on the train!  He was so cute.  I think the big train scared John because he didn't want to go for a ride.
 My Sweet boys!  Max was so good, he rode around in the stroller all day- even took a nap in there.  He just loves watching the world around him.  As long as he had a drink (didn't care whose it was or what it was) he was just peachy.  I think he is drinking John's lemonade in this picture :)
 Here are they boys getting ready for the train ride.  They are so excited!!
 This morning, Owen was up way before Max - seriously Max is his Daddy, he was still asleep at 9:30 this morning!  That boy loves to slee,p (wonder where he gets that from)!!  So Owen wanted to go wake him up in his bed - I put Owen in there with him and Max got so excited - he loves his brother so much!!  Owen then proceded to wrestle Max to the ground - I was taking pictures because it was so funny.  Here Owen is sweetly hugging his brother but Max looks like he is holding on for dear life.....
 Wait a second Owen, thats a little too rough with your baby brother.  Max didn't seem to mind, he thought they were playing. 
 Owen pulled hard enough to get Max to release his death grip on the side of the crib.  Now they are headed straight down.
 Ok Owen thats enough you are going to crush your brother.  Now that was some hug!
 See Max is fine :)

2 comments:

Nathan, Laurie, Elizabeth & Emily said...

I read your blog and I love seeing your updates! :) And I too can totally sympathize with you on the terrible 3's. We have one of those at our house as well. Two was nothing!

Brooke Hall said...

I have missed your updates! Max is ADORABLE! Those blue eyes kill me! I love the ones of them wrestling in the crib, so cute and so glad you documented it! They are going to have so much fun growing up together ;)
Miss you and love you, we need a date stat!