I know this sounds silly but 4th of July really is my favorite holiday. I think it was from growing up in Wedgewood where we had the big parade and a huge party that night/afternoon. All the kids in the neighborhood came out and it was just the best time. I am so thankful to live in a neighborhood where we have that again! I hope my kids grow up to enjoy neighboorhood events the same way I do. The weekend was so busy but so much fun. We started out with a cookout on the lake with our neighbor friends and then Sunday participated in the Boat Parade with the Parhams...Third year in a row for Owen and I :) We had the best time. Andrew stayed home with Max because when we took Owen at 1, he was a pain and cried the whole time. Owen loved it this year. He kept saying he couldn't wait for the parade boat! We actually won 1st place! I was so proud! I think it was all the enthusiasm! We had a new family with us this year and Amy and I told them they had to dance, boy did we ever. Brad dressed up like Uncle Sam and played DJ and we literally danced for 3 hours. If you knew me back in the day, this is hard to believe and there wasn't even any alcohol involved for me - its that fun!! My legs are sore still but it was such a great time. Thanks to the Parhams for a fantastic day!!
![]() |
| Owen playing in the Water at the beach. He loved picking up shells and then throwing them off the boat at people! |
![]() |
| The Dancing Queens with Uncle Sam! |
![]() |
| Belle the All American Dog! |
![]() |
| Owen and I during hte Parade |
![]() |
| Boys at the land parade. Popsicles and Donuts, thats what they ate all day. Yes they were wired but we all had a blast |
![]() |
| The Mahla's at the parade - our sweet neighbors |
![]() |
| We had to hose Max down after the popsicle - not sure he had ever eaten one before and didn't quite get the concept of holding the stick instead of the actual popsicle |
![]() |
| My baby loves the sprinkler |
![]() |
| Yummy |
![]() |
| Isn't he such a big boy? He really doesn't look like a baby at all anymore :( |
This might be one of my favorite videos ever. Owen was having a blast dancing. Just watching him makes me so happy and so thankful that I have the family that I do. Maybe it was all the sugar, who knows but my son was breaking it down. Scary thing is, he looked just like my brother and my dad. Neither can dance but both think they have some great moves (maybe he picked up a few from me but at least I know I can't dance). My favorite part is the end where he is on his knees and shakes his head back and forth. I was laughing so hard, I could hardly video. See the cutie pie in the red shirt? Well she kissed him and he was in heaven. This morning when he woke up he wouldn't take his socks off. He said to me "mommy these are my dancin socks and if I wear them, the girls will kiss me" Thats right son, keep on wearing those socks and having the time of your life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment