Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Big Surprise

This weekend was my Mom's birthday (I won't tell you which one but I'll just say it was a big one :) So, we had a little surprise brunch for her and all of her girlfriends. Somehow, we pulled this whole thing off without her finding out and it was a blast! What a great weekend for all of us! We had about 35 people show up and everyone (hopefully) had a great time! Needless to say, I am very happy this day is here because I am tired of coming up with lies to tell my Mom! I have no idea how I didn't slip and tell her - it was so hard because we talk so much! Sarah and I made most of the food and we also did a scrapbook for her and everything turned out great and I had a great time doing it! We also had a visit from Cousin's Katie and Olivia all the way from Orlando. Owen and Olivia woudn't sit still long enough for us to get a picture of them together so this is the best I could do! Olivia is 7 months old and so cute! She is crawling all over the place. We all decided that cousins need a name for our kids to call each other so Katie is now Cousantie Katie to our kids and Robert and I are Cousuncle Bert and Cousauntie Kendall to Olivia. The only problem will be when they are in first grade telling about their family - the teacher might think that we are really crazy :) Isn't this little baby doll beautiful?
Here is Uncle Robert practicing up for being a Daddy - only 4 more weeks until Baby Carson is born and we just cant' wait! I think Sarah is very ready for him to be here :)
Here is Mom, Goggi, Owen and I at Mom's birthday party. I feel so lucky to have both my mom and grandma around to help me raise my sons. Its such a blessing and one that I definitely don't take for granted. Owen got to spend the night with them at Goggi's house in his "room" aka the dining room and I think they all loved it!!

Here is Owen and his cousin Zoe. They are only about 3 months apart and have so much fun together. They love chasing each other up and down the hall at Goggi's house and giving out big hugs. I wish I had a picture of them hugging, its priceless and would be great for blackmail later in life!



All of Goggi's grandchildren and great grandchildren plus Mom (including the two in the bellies). Andrew and Todd somehow always miss out on these pictures, one of these days, we'll get one with all of us in it! I am the oldest and right now Olivia is the youngest (7 months) but soon we'll add two more little boys to the mix!

No comments: