Sunday, February 8, 2009

Watch out Michael Phelps!






Saturday was Owen's first swim class at the YMCA. We were lucky enough to be able to take the class with Lucy and Helen. Lucy used to be in Daycare with Owen and they walk with us on the weekends. It was so much fun. Owen didn't seem too excited about the swimming but he didn't hate it either. He blew some bubbles, "jumped" in from the side, and floated around on his back. He wasn't crying so taht was good news!! Its only 4 classes so hopefully it will help Owen to not be scared in the pool this summer. Right after swim class, we headed up to Raleigh for a fun filled night out on the town with Benjie and Crystal. They had their bachelor/ette parties last night. I went out for a little while because I thought one of us needed to get some sleep - unfortunately, Owen was not in the same mindset and kept me up all night. Andrew and I are both exhausted today but we had a great time last night. They are getting married in a month and we can't wait. We have a busy week ahead - Owen and I are having dinner with Aunt Brooke on Wednesday night, Jen Grant and Meriweather are coming on Friday and CeCe is coming on Saturday to babysit for Valentines Day and President's Day (Owen's school is closed). Owen is very excited to meet Meriweather (and so are we!!) - I can't believe my best friend has a 5 month old and I haven't even met her yet :( I guess thats what happens when we start having babies, its so hard to all get together!
We also had Owen's 9 month check up this week. He is growing SO much - he is now 19lbs 11 oz (50%) and 29 1/4 inches (75%). He ended up having to get one shot - the second part of the flu shot - he cried for like 2 seconds and then started flirting with the cute nurse. He is so his fathers child! We don't have to go back again until he is a YEAR old - isn't that crazy that I almost have a ONE year old? I can't believe it. We are trying to love every second of it because it just goes by so fast.
Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment:

Brooke Hall said...

I had so much fun tonight!! I didn't see this post when I asked you about the weekend and now I see the cute swim class! I want to see pics of andrew in the pool with him and all the moms - ;-)
I love you and miss you already! Col Col misses her buddy!
xoxo