Tuesday, November 18, 2008

6 Month Stats and a sick Day

I don't have any pictures this week. I went to download them from the camera and realized that we hadn't taken any. We have had a very busy week - we just didn't document it on the camera. Owen had his 6 month check up yesterday. He weighs 17.5 lbs, is 26 3/4" tall and his head is finally in the 50% - no more shrunken head baby! Along with his visit came 4 shots and an oral vaccine. Needless to say, I had to go get him from school at 10am today because he had a fever. Dang flu shot :) I am hoping that is all that is wrong with him. His fever is gone and he slept most of the day so hopefully by tomorrow he will be back to his happy self.

Funny things that happened today:
1. I tried to be all martha stewart and make a pot roast since I was working from home all day. What did I do? Unplugged the crock pot around 1pm and didn't realize it till 4:30pm. Lesson: turning the crock pot on high for 2 more hours does NOT make the roast taste good. I had peanut butter toast and applesauce for dinner....I was so looking forward to pot roast :(

2. We have no clean warm pajamas (and it is COLD here) so I pulled out the Christmas ones. Whoever bought them for us last year, they are adorable - the ones with the teddy bear on the hiney so when the baby crawls you see it - yeah they are girls pajamas.....so right now my son is wearing pj's that have ruffles on the sleeves. Good thing Daddy isn't home because he would not go for this. At least I got a good laugh out of it.

3. Owen took a 3 hour nap and had no problem eating - wonder why they can't get him to eat or sleep at daycare? We have had some issues in the last few weeks with both of these. He sleeps in 10 and 20 minute increments at daycare and sometimes doesn't drink very much milk. I don't know what is going on. He was fine for me, but I guess I am the mom.

4. Our hot water heater broke in our "rental" property (ie our townhouse we can't sell - anyone want to buy it?) in atlanta last weekend. The plumber charged us $325 to fix 2 heating elements. I called the same company today to get a quote on fixing the same item and they quoted me a lower price. Oh these people don't know who they are messing with.

I am extremely excited about this weekend. My best friend from college, Becca, and I are going on a "spa" weekend. We tried to plan this trip 2 years ago to celebrate being friends for 10 years but she was ready to give birth at any second. Last year I was pregnant and moving so this year was the first time we could work it out. We are going to the metropolis of GREENSBORO for our trip :) Hey, its halfway for both of us and we are staying in a hotel and everything. We have all day spa appoitments on Saturday and I can't wait! Andrew will be home alone with Owen from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon so if anyone wants to come over and keep them company, I am sure he would welcome the visit!!

No comments: