Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Festivities

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving WEEK!  CeCe came in last weekend and stayed for a few days to spend some time with the boys - they absolutely love having her here.  She made cookies with the boys and they all just loved it.  Max only wanted to eat the sprinkels and Owen only wanted icing.  Hey at least the cookies are working for dinner bribes!! HA!


 Thanksgiving Monring, I have a tradition with Jen Roberge to meet her at the Parade.  This was our second annual but hopefully it will be a forever tradition that we keep up.  She lives in Canada so its the only time during the year that I get to see her.  Tara and Marshal also met us this year so it was great to see them!!  Owen was so excited when he heard the band playing, he started running towards it. 
 Getting a picture of 3 three year olds trying to watch a parade is impossible.  This is the best we could do.  Owen must be saying something profound because Tristan is very intentely listening to him!!
 At one point, Carter and Owen were huddled down on the ground eating snacks.  Apparently this was much more interesting than the parade going on at the time.  Notice how Owen is shoveling food into his mouth....
 We had the most wonderful Thanksgiving with our friends the Mahla's.  We love them so much and are so greatful to have them in our lives.  They were so kind to invite us over.  It was Christine's first time ever making a turkey and I think she did a fantastic job.  The food was DELICIOUS!! 

 We took the boys today to get a Christmas Tree.  My plan was to also take their Chritsmas picture.  Warning: you might be getting one of the below if I can't do any better next weekend.  I tried really hard but those boys would not sit still.  I found a bunch of cute things to do but niether of them were having anything to do with the camrea today.  Max wanted to take pictures and Owen just wanted to run.  I figured I would start taking shots to see if anything would be usable.  Not sure for Christmas cards but they are cute regardless.  I like the old bridge in the background and my favorite one is where Max is posing in the front of the shot.



This picture is so cute - I tried everything possible to get Owen to lay his sweet little head beside Max's because how cute would that be to have both of them in the photo?  But apparently grass pokes you and there is no way Owen could ever lay on it.  :)  So we have an adorable picture of sweet baby max.

This might be my favorite attempt - I asked them to smile, not look like a monkey!

This one isn't bad but again there goes Max with the posing.  He is always posing for pictures (when the mood hits him). 


MaMa did you see what this kid did to me, ugggg you just don't even want to know.  I can't believe him

Not only did we get ONE tree, we decided that we need TWO trees!  The boys picked out a tiny one to put in the playroom.  They are thrilled with that idea.  I am sure that one or both of them will be knocked over before its all said and done but thats a part of Christmas, right? 

Also, if you live near here, the Fort Mill High School Baseball team sells trees in that big field right before you get to downtown Fort Mill (across from Springs).  We bought one from them last year and it was fantastic - they look great again this year and it supports a great cause!!

Let the Holiday madness Begin!!!! AHHHHHHHH Next Week, A visit with Santa

No comments: