Thursday, August 18, 2011

The days of our lives...

My boys are so spoiled.  They were each taken for a ride by our sweet neighbor Katelyn in her Barbie Jeep.  Max wasn't so sure about the whole car thing.  Owen on the other hand, loved it.  I think he loved riding with "the girls" more :)  He gets so excited when we hang out with "the girls"


 Owen insisted on wearing his backpack to school on Monday.  It was his first real day of preschool.  He has been in that class since May but they have been in summer camp all summer and started preschool on Monday.  He is getting so big.  He is very happy because all of his buddies are FINALLY in his class again.  Its been a long 3 months!  He has acted up at home and at school and I think its because he wasn't around all of his friends.  Now they are back and he has been so good at school this week that he got two treats from the treasure box at school!  A few weeks ago, I got a note from the teacher on how bad he was being.  I so have that saved for him when he is older.....its really cute. 
 Sweet Max!  He is getting wilder every day.  Whoever said that the first year with 2 is the hardest must not have had a child that leared to walk.  Wow, its crazy right now.  I remember with Owen this was a tough age and he was getting into everything.  Its so fun thought.  We love it.  Our boys are so precious and we are blessed to have 2 wild, happy, healthy babies big boys.
Here is Owen at the Children's museum with his cousin's Elena and Natalie.  They had a blast.  They were being so silly but having so much fun together!!

Owen took swim lessons over the summer - he was petrified of the water.  The problem? He didn't want water in his eyes...goggles of all things were the ultimate solution.  He finally got in and realized how fun it is to go to the pool!  He now wears the goggles in the bathtub too.....He was a really good boy at swim one night so is teacher let him sit in the lifeguard chair!!

Here are a few videos I've taken recently......Andrew was trying to show Owen how he could juggle - I was cracking up.  Owen kept trying to catch the balls.  Too cute!!Owen at one of his swim lessons!
I guess sometimes its annoying to have a younger brother.  Owen just wants to watch his show and Max just wants to play!  I am so glad they have each other.  Its a constant playmate any time.  I love that they are so close in age. And I love that they are really starting to interact with each other (not so much in this video but just in general)  I am trying to be better about keeping up with the blog.  I want Owen and Max to have this as a record of our family and our crazy fun life!

On another note, Andrew and I are going on vactaion next week!  I am so excited.  We haven't been anywhere in forever; and anywhere alone in even longer.  It will be so nice to get away for a few days and its SO nice of my mom to come watch our boys!!  We both have been so busy at work lately, it will be fantastic to have a break from that too.  Its hard working full time and being a mom and a wife full time too.  I think I might just lay on the beach for 5 days and not move...well maybe to eat but thats it :)

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

I LOVE the video of Max climbing all over Owen while he's trying to watch TV. HILARIOUS!