Sunday, January 2, 2011

We wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year!


I give up on trying to get these pictures in any type of order so I'll just explain what they all are.  We had a wonderful Christmas!  It started on the 23rd when my first cousin Molly and her daugter arrived into Charlotte from Lyons, Colorado.  My mom, brother, sarah and Carson all came to stay that night.  We had so much fun.  We did Chili instead of Christmas food sice we would all be doing it the next day! It is startin to be so much fun to have the three boys together becuase they are really starting to interatct with each other.  Carson is about 1 second away from walking and Max is crawling all over the place so there is no containing these wild children anymore!  They all have different personalities but seem to play well together.  I surely hope it keeps up becuase how great would it be to have cousins your exact same age that are your best friends? 
 Here is our family picture in front of the tree.  We had an amazing Christmas.  It made me very thankful for the family I have and know how lucky I am to have a fantastic husband and one that loves our children the way he does.  Our boys light up when they see their Daddy!!
 Sarah, my neighbor and I decided to give our husbands a trip to Vegas for Christmas.  I think they were very surprised.  The first question they asked was - "are you girls going" and seemed even more excited when they realized it was just them.  We figured they are both so good with the kids and do so much for us that we wanted them to have a break somewhere that they love to go!  This picture is the boys opening thier gift.

 Me and my sweet heart babies.  I love this picutre because it shows the personalities of both of the babies.  Owen is funny and always making silly jokes with you and Max just loves to smile and flirt. 
 Here is my cousin Molly and her daughter K yla that came for a visit. We LOVED having them here.  I felt bad because we had so much going on that we didn't get to spend too much time with them.  And they both got sick for a few days while they were here :(  We are hoping they will come back this summer and stay for a while and go out on the lake with us.  They live in Colorado near Denver so maybe we can take a trip there to go skiing when the kids are older.
 Owen's favorite gift - all he wanted from Santa was "Chicken Nuggets" and a guitar!!  Here is the guitar.  He thought it was hilarious that Santa had to pull his sleigh through McDonalds on Chrsitmas eve. 
My sweet boys!


 Here is our Christmas Tree.  We went a little overboard this year on the size -that was all Andrew :) but it was a beautiful tree.  I thought I had a picture of it at night but guess we didn't take one.  I don't know if I will ever convert to a fake tree.  I love the smell when you walk in your house that only comes from a real one!

Unfortunately we were not able to make it to see Andrew's parents this year.  We had a blizzard here and it was way worse in Raleigh.  AND my husband, cousin and her daughter all came down with that nasty stomach bug that is going around on Christmas night and for the next few days.  I didn't want to take any changes on spreading that either.  We were very disapointed because it would have been nice to spend a few days with the Dunlaps.
We spent New Years in Atlanta with some of our dearest friends from college and had a blast.  We usually try and get together about twice a year once with the kids and once without.  This was the kid trip.  10 adults, 5 children under the age of 3 and one in the oven (don't worry, not me).We had so much fun that I didn't even take pictures.  Tara took some cute ones of the kids today so hopefully I can get those from her and put up on here.  And I know someone took pictures from the night we were out which I am sure are fun.  Owen was thrilled because he was able to see his BFF Meriwether Jaax at the children's museum.  Jen just happens to live in Atlanta where we were for the weekend so it worked out perfectly to get to see her as well.  The children's museum was great I just wish we had more time there.  We will go back next time!!  Here is a silly video of O and M playing at the museum.

No comments: