Monday, September 7, 2009

Owenisms

This is Owen's response when you say "touchdown" wonder who taught him this one? We are all so proud of the tricks he can do :)

We had a great weekend at the beach. I was attempting to get a picture of Owen in the sand like Nana has of DJ and Asher but he had zero interest in anything on land. My son made a bee line for the ocean (or WaWa as he calls it) any chance he had. We took turns playing with him in the water. He was knocked over by waves several times only to get back up and try to go further out into the water. Unfortunately, Owen has no fear!


Here is Baba taking his turn with Owen in the wawa. Baba is so much fun to play with in the water - he was trying to teach him how to body surf the waves, but we had to explain to Baba that Owen is too young for that. Maybe drip castles next before we start body surfing!


Owen and Andrew playing in the water and looking for shells.
Owen's new favorite thing: trying to escape wherever he is.....
Mama I see you on the other side of the door, can you please let me in? How can I say no to that face?

Owen's sleeping arrangements at Nana and Baba's beach house - pack and play in the closet with the door shut - except he figured out how to open the door and would pop his head out when he was ready to wake up in the mornings. Nana was not happy that we closed her baby grandson up in the closet but it worked just fine for us :)

Do you think I can escape if I can just get this gate open - CeCe is in for trouble - she is going to have to find a better lock system for the gate on the back deck. This one isn't going to last much longer.

If I just pull a little harder, I can get into this room. There is nothing in here but I just want to do it!!
We hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. I am not so happy to be home after the beach but tomorrow its back to the grind of finding a job....yuck!!! AND we came home to the airconditoner not working - its rather hot in our house!!

2 comments:

Bret and Katie Estridge said...

He is such a funny dude. You have got your hands full Kendall! Love his little outfit when he's trying to escape. so cute!

Brooke Hall said...

LOVE his little outfit! He is a little man!! Miss him - need to see him soon ... ;-)) xoxo