
This past week my sweet great Uncle Harry died (far left in the above picture). He was such a wonderful man and will be missed by many. His funeral was yesterday and the preacher told so many funny stories that had everyone laughing and I just kept thinking that he would want us to laugh instead of cry. My favorite Uncle Harry memory is when I was really little (maybe 4 or 5) Uncle Harry took me to the Piggly Wiggly near his house and let me buy WHATEVER I wanted. Needless to say, I came home with two grocery bags full of candy. I am sure my mom was not all that impressed but I never forgot it. Our family has been so lucky for so long to have everyone still around. Goggi, my grandmother is one of four children and everyone is alive except Harry now (the picture above is of the 4 of them). Christmas get togethers will definitely not be the same without him. Before he died, he told the preacher that he didn't want his funeral to interfere with a football game! He was a true Clemson fan to the end.

Owen and I celebrated life this week! We took an impromptu trip to the beach to visit with CeCe and had a great time. We even got in a special visit with Great Aunt Grace (Owen's Great Great Aunt) and Cousins Sally and Anne. It was so much fun to see them and for Owen to meet them for the first time. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Sally and Anne, but here is one of Aunt Grace.
CiCi and I discovered that Owen can open the doors in her house....so from now on, we are going to have to make sure they are locked when we are there! I missed the first picture of him pulling on the handle but here is the little rascal getting outside without any help....Just goes to show that you can't leave a 15 month old alone for 5 seconds!

This week we are home for the week thank goodness. I have a second interview on Thursday so I am hoping that something will work out with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment